Lets start with the money bit and get it out the way. Partial sponsors are asked to pay just £15 a month (or 50 pence a day) to ensure a child goes back to Primary school while living back at home with their own family.
Currently the partial sponsorship programme just runs up to the end of Primary school – so we would ask that you see your sponsored child to complete Primary seven where they will sit a national exam.
Before the child completes Primary seven we will offer career guidance to them to see what the best next option for them might be, this might be secondary school or a vocational school. We will cost this out on an individual case by case basis and then see if you are able to continue your support of the child or if we need to find an alternative sponsor/s for them.
What will the child receive?
Our Partial sponsorship programme is designed for children who have been resettled with a loving family member, but where they family member is not currently able to care for all of their educational needs. We find out from the family what needs to be provided for the child to make sure they can return to school (i.e. what can the family afford and what is remaining).
A child in our partial sponsorship will receive the following based on individual needs:
- School fees (in a day school close to their family), Uniform and Shoes.
- Books and Pens.
- A team of well-trained staff to care for them and follow their progress with their family.
- A foster home if ever needed.
- Medical care if needed.
They will have a S.A.L.V.E. staff member come to check on their progress at least once a term to help to talk with them and their family and school to see how they are doing and if they have any problems they need to talk through.
What will you receive?
You will be welcomed to our global S.A.L.V.E. family of sponsors and can look forward to receiving:
- A welcome pack in the post about becoming a full sponsor with S.A.L.V.E. including more details about your sponsored child to help you to get to know them.
- A school report, letter from your sponsored child and an update on how they are doing 3 times per year.
- Printed photos at least once a year.
- E-newsletters monthly.
- Any extra information or updates you would like (we are a small organisation and can tailor the amount of information we send you depending on your interest – just ask).
- A reminder of when your child’s birthday is every year and an online link for you to be able to donate what you can afford to give them a small birthday and Christmas gifts.
- An opportunity to come and meet your child and see S.A.L.V.E.’s work in Uganda if you are ever keen to do so.