At S.A.L.V.E. we believe:
No young person should have to live or work on the streets
- S.A.L.V.E. believes that every young person should have access to safe shelter and have their basic needs met so they don’t have to work.
- S.A.L.V.E. exists to provide positive alternatives to living or working on the streets.
- S.A.L.V.E. respects that every young person has the right to choose whether they access our services or not.
- S.A.L.V.E. wants to make sure that young people are as safe as possible while on the streets.
Young people who have lived and worked on the streets deserve the chance to fulfil their potential
- S.A.L.V.E. believes every young person who has been on the streets deserves access to appropriate education that will help them fulfil their potential and develop their talents.
- S.A.L.V.E. works with these young people to build their confidence and ability to plan for their future.
- S.A.L.V.E. provides counselling and support to help these young people to overcome the challenges they have faced.
- S.A.L.V.E. encourages these young people to advocate for their human rights to be respected.
Young people on the streets should have trustworthy, supportive adults around them
- S.A.L.V.E. provides a caring team of adults who these young people can rely upon to listen to them and provide advice and assistance when needed.
- S.A.L.V.E. works with these young people’s families to help develop their skills and ability to provide the basic needs and support that these young people need.
- S.A.L.V.E. works with the wider community to challenge negative stereotypes and find ways to stop young people ending up on the streets in the first place.