This is a rare chance to get a professional appraisal of your novel from an industry insider. Your chosen expert will read and review a synopsis of your book along with the first 3,000 words of your manuscript.
They will provide an honest and constructive in-depth report, giving editorial guidance on content, expert advice on how to improve your material, and an assessment of where your proposal fits in the current market.
It costs either £89 or £99 to make someone’s Christmas with this special and unique gift – suitable for all aspiring authors, whatever their chosen genre.
How it works
As an unpublished author, it’s not often you get the chance to have a manuscript read by someone in the publishing industry. But this Christmas, we’re giving you that opportunity, with all funds raised from sales going straight towards S.A.L.V.E.’s work supporting more children to leave the streets.
Choosing your gift is easy. Just follow these steps…
1. Go to the Choose Your Gift page.
2. Decide who you want your industry insider to be:
The authors listed all have publishing deals with major publishing houses, and are able to offer you valuable insight into your manuscript. The cost of an appraisal from an author is £89, which includes editorial guidance and advice on how to improve your material. However, this does not include an appraisal on the commercial viability of your work in the current market.
Editors and agents commission books as part of their daily work, and as well as editorial guidance, their appraisal will include insight into the commercial viability of your work in the current market – an essential insight for anyone who wants to get their work published. The cost of an expert appraisal from an editor or agent is £99, as the expertise and skills they bring are second-to-none.
3. Ensure your chosen industry insider aligns with the work you are submitting. So, if you have written a novel, your industry insider should work in Fiction. Likewise, if you have written a Children’s book, please ensure you choose a Children’s expert, and the same too for Non-Fiction.
4. Click on each industry insider’s picture for more information about them, click add to cart to select the gift you want to buy and then use the PayPal button to make your payment.
5. Following payment, you will receive an email with your gift certificate and details of next steps.
6. You will have until 25th December 2017 to send in a 1-2 page synopsis of your work, along with the first 3,000 words of your manuscript. Both documents should be submitted as Word Documents, and should be sent to the email address provided with your gift certificate.
7. Within two months of submission, you will receive a detailed report (approx. 1,000 words) providing editorial guidance and advice on how to improve the work you have submitted. If you have chosen to receive an appraisal from an agent or editor, this report will also include insight into the commercial viability of your work in the current market.
Your appraisal will be fair and honest, providing constructive feedback, and aims to equip you with the tools you need to ready your work for publication. We are not able to enter into any further correspondence once you have received your appraisal, and your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties.
So go ahead and choose your gift…