A Safari Supper is a great way of enjoying some delicious food, and going on an eating adventure in your community.
How does it work?
- As the organiser, you need to identify a number of reliable individuals/couples/ groups who are happy to prepare a particular course of the meal. The number of people you have taking part will determine how many cooks you will need for the evening. An ideal number would be 2 people cooking one course for 6 guests.
- Hosts might want to consider recipes which can be cooked in advance and heated up, particularly if they are hosting for the main or dessert courses where they will not have much time for preparation.
- Make sure you consider the size of the host’s house in relation to how many people you have attending the supper. Will there be space for everyone?
- You could decide that people go to various houses for starters and main courses and then all meet up at one final house for dessert. Or you could decide that everyone goes to new house with a new group for all 3 courses and then meets up at a pub/ bar after to continue the socialising into the night!
- Send out invitations well in advance and ask people to RSVP so you know the number of people attending. Make sure you include a section on any dietary requirements so that all guests are catered for.
Each person pays £10 (or more) to join in. This covers their 3 meals for the evening with all profits going to S.A.L.V.E.
- The idea is to have people moving from house to house for each course of the meal with groups being mixed up after each course so that they get to meet different people.
- We recommend that the houses are all within walking distance of each other. That way no one has to worry about driving. If this is not possible then try to assign drivers for the night.
- You could have a theme for the night such as safari animals or a particular type of cuisine.
If you are interested in organising a Safari Supper for S.A.L.V.E., please download our information pack here with everything you need for the night including sample invitations, suggested recipes and much more.