Do you have some spare time and want to volunteer to help a small charity to keep going in these difficult times whilst gaining new skills and training in how to sell items successfully using an eBay shop?
S.A.L.V.E. is a small UK and Ugandan partnership charity working hard to support children living on the streets of Jinja, Uganda to leave the streets, return home to their families and to re-enter education so that they have a brighter future full of opportunities.
About the role:
We are looking for someone who can spare a few hours a week to source donations from friends and family and then sell them online via our eBay shop for us.
Your role would include asking for donations to sell from friends and family, researching how much you can sell them for, photographing and listing items on eBay, responding to offers or enquiries and packing and posting sold items out.
You would also get to learn more about our work in Uganda and other ways that you can get involved with the charity if you were keen.
We are a very small charity and so your support to help us generate an income through eBay would make a huge difference to our work and enable us to help even more children to leave the streets. We have seen a 25% increase in the number of children living homeless in Uganda due to the COVID lockdown, and a reduction in opportunities to fundraise, so your help will make a big difference when it’s needed most (especially in the run up to Christmas).
The type of items we find sell well that you might want to ask for include:
- Good quality women’s leather boots – used (if in good condition) or new
- Good quality women or men’s branded boots
- Women’s coats – especially wool/ cashmere or down coats
- Good quality men’s leather shoes – used (if in good condition) or new
- Men’s or women’s Nike or adidas trainers used (if in good condition) or new
- sketchers – used (if in good condition) or new
- Designer clothes – men’s or women’s
- Board games – versions – e.g. monopoly, etc
- Any collectable items
- Hamper baskets
- Riding boots
- Ski wear
- Any new with tags/ in box items that you no longer need/want
- Any other items that are in good condition that you think might be worth S.A.L.V.E. selling
Interested: If this role appeals to you, please get in touch with email@example.com. Please share your latest CV and tell us a bit more about you.
What if selling on eBay is not for you…
If selling on eBay is not for you, but you have some donations that we could sell, we would be happy to accept them if you were able to drop them off at our Manchester office, or if they aren’t too heavy, post them to us. Please get in touch if this is the case.