As we move into 2022 it’s a great time to stop and reflect on the year gone by and just how grateful we are to each and every one of you for standing by us in another difficult year. We only exist because of the kindness of people like you.
- Uganda had another strict lockdown in the summer – but you helped us to provide emergency food and soap to families when they needed us most.
- We lost our UK Aid grant in the cuts – but you rallied round and helped us to not just keep our girls programme going but to expand it to help more street-connected girls. They love their new bigger Drop in Centre.
- Schools have been closed – but you helped us to provide tutoring to help the children keep up their love of learning. We were also so proud to see our group of apprentice welders pass their exams (including our first female welder graduates!).
- Many of the family businesses that had been thriving pre-pandemic were unable to re-open – but you helped us to provide extra training and capital to help them to get back on their feet.
- We made new friends and strengthened some amazing partnerships – that have helped us to provide vital food, yoga, reading books, safety and family businesses to name but a few.
- People all over the world joined us to fundraise, for example “Navigating the Nile” together to help us to raise life changing funds that helped to make this all possible.
- We have almost finished building a HUGE brand new Girls Halfway House that will provide hope and safety to many more children this year thanks to an incredibly kind friend.
So looking back over 2021 all we can say is a great big THANK YOU.
Thank you for believing in us and that no child should have to call the streets their home.
Thank you for your generosity in supporting us with your time, skills, money and love.
We appreciate it more than we can say and hope that you will continue to be part of our global family in the year ahead.
Together we can give hope and opportunities so that many more children can have a brighter future, safe at home again away from the dangers of the streets.